The John M. Glover Agency Job Description
I. Job Summary
The primary function of this position is meeting the overall insurance needs of our commercial customers. Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to our customers, producers and company representatives in order to retain and grow our Commercial Lines book of business.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Provide highly professional and responsive service to an assigned book of commercial accounts.
- Responsible for renewal of all house accounts, including binding coverage, checking renewal policies for accuracy, agency bill invoicing, creating renewal proposals and coordinating the delivery of policies.
- Review house accounts for additional coverages and negotiate optimum renewal terms and conditions.
- Assist producers in renewing their accounts by checking renewal policies for accuracy, agency bill invoicing and delivery of policies.
- Respond promptly to customer requests for service, including resolving complex coverage and underwriting issues.
- Review and process large audits and assist customers in resolving audit disputes.
- Monitor monthly expiration lists and activities closely for all assigned accounts.
- Maintain a professional relationship with customers, co-workers and company representatives.
- Prepare complete and accurate applications through the agency management system for house account policies.
- Utilize company website portals for managing policy activities.
- Respond promptly to all service requests from customers.
- Maintain up to date customer files, both paper and electronic files in EPIC.
- Make qualified referrals to personal lines and life and health on a consistent basis.
- Follow department policies and procedures closely. Prioritize work according to established guidelines.
- Assist manager in any special projects as needed.
- High School Graduate
- Minimum 2-3 years experience handling commercial accounts
- Licensed P/C agent in resident state
- ACSR, AAI or CIC professional designation desired
IV. Job Specific Competencies
- Courteous and professional telephone manner and appearance
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Pleasant and friendly personality, focused on customer needs
- Proficient with MS Office suite of products (Ms Word, Ms Excel)
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must enjoy working with and helping people from all backgrounds
- Attention to detail, thorough and accurate
- Professional work ethic
V. Business Impact/Scope
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide superior customer service to our customers. High impact on retention of core business. No budgetary authority, No direct reports. Directly effects customer satisfaction and retention of business.
VI. Organizational Chart:
|Organizational Chart Reporting Structure||Organizational Chart Career ladder|
|CL Manager||CL Manager|
|CL Account Manager|
|CL Assistant Account Manager|
VII. Physical Requirements
|Crawling and/or Kneeling||✗|
|Crouching or Squatting||✗|
|Stooping or Bending||✗|
|Reaching above shoulder height||✗|
|Grasping and/or Turning||✗|
|Pulling and/or Pushing||✗|
|Seeing and/or Color Determination||✗|
|Traveling i.e. Auto, Train, Plane||✗|
|Driving Automatic Equipment||✗|