The John M. Glover Agency Job Description
I. Job Summary
Position is responsible for selling, servicing and developing relationships with business clients.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Maintain and Document all contacts with prospects and clients in order to provide information risk analysis, insurance needs and acceptance or rejection of additional coverages discussed or proposed.
- Prepare accurate and complete applications for all coverages on new and renewal business and submit to insurance company underwriters.
- Develop proposals and conduct sales presentations based on underwriting information obtained. Bind coverage with carriers and/or broker representatives per client’s request.
- Secure order for business and conduct the initial service assignment (delivering policies, collecting premiums, and explaining the agency’s services).
- Provide day-to-day service and handle renewal from the beginning to conclusion on assigned business clients. Delegates tasks to Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers according to CL procedures and workflows.
- Document sales and servicing activities and account status in connection with daily handling and renewals. Look for ways to write additional lines of business to cross-sell to clients.
- Be continuously aware of the status of accounts receivable on accounts handled, and take appropriate steps to collect premiums due and keep all accounts current.
- High School Graduate
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- CT Property Casualty Producer License
- CIC, ARM, RPLU, CPCU or similar professional insurance designation.
- Measurable commitment to continued professional growth
- Ten Years experience in insurance field, with minimum of five years insurance agency experience
- Excellent working knowledge of p/c insurance lines and of agency policies and procedures.
IV. Job Specific Competencies
- Expert knowledge of commercial insurance products and coverages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- High degree of thoroughness and accuracy, excellent analytical skills
- Organized, conscientious, persistent, patient, detail oriented
- Effective time management skills. Manages multiple priorities effectively; works well under pressure
V. Business Impact/Scope
Travel: 20-40% Degree of Independent Work: 90%; Time Allocation: Sales: 50% Service 40%, Administrative 10% This individual has developed relationships with key clients and has key knowledge about client operations and exposures.
VI. Organizational Chart:
|Organizational Chart Reporting Structure||Organizational Chart Career ladder|
|Agency President||CL Producer (100% sales)|
|CL Account Manager|
|CL Assistant Acct Manager|
VII. Physical Requirements
|Crawling and/or Kneeling||✗|
|Crouching or Squatting||✗|
|Stooping or Bending||✗|
|Reaching above shoulder height||✗|
|Grasping and/or Turning||✗|
|Pulling and/or Pushing||✗|
|Seeing and/or Color Determination||✗|
|Traveling i.e. Auto, Train, Plane||✗|
|Driving Automatic Equipment||✗|