The John M. Glover Agency Job Description
Dept: Personal Lines FLSA: Non-Exempt
I. Job Summary
The primary function of this position is meeting the overall insurance needs of our customers. Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to our customers, producers and company representatives in order to achieve business growth.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Direct all incoming phone calls to the appropriate employee.
- Meet and greet customers and company representatives who come into the office.
- Assist Personal Lines Account Managers in providing prompt, accurate, courteous, and professional service to their customers, including technical and administrative support.
- Process change requests – uploads etc.
- Process endorsements in EPIC
- Process personal lines non-automated renewals
- Monitor personal lines monthly expiration lists
- Check download communication log for completed endorsements from companies
- Prepare and process personal lines DNOCs and reinstatements.
- Handle personal lines claims, including sending 1st Reports to the company and follow-up.
- Order and maintain office supplies for branch employees.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail for branch employees.
- Follow department policies and procedures closely. Prioritize work according to established guidelines.
- Assist manager in any special projects as needed.
- High School Graduate
- 0-2 years general insurance experience
- Property/casualty agent’s license preferred, but not required
IV. Job Specific Competencies
- Courteous and professional telephone manner and appearance
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Pleasant and friendly personality, focused on customer needs
- Proficient with Ms Word and Excel
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must enjoy working with and helping people from all backgrounds
- Attention to detail, thorough and accurate
- Professional work ethic
V. Business Impact/Scope
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide superior customer service to our customers. High impact on retention of core business. No budgetary authority, No direct reports. Directly effects customer satisfaction and retention of business.
VI. Organizational Chart:
|Organizational Chart Reporting Structure||Organizational Chart Career ladder|
|Personal Lines Manager||Personal Lines Manager|
|PL Account Manager|
|PL Assistant Account Manager|
VII. Physical Requirements
|Crawling and/or Kneeling||✗|
|Crouching or Squatting||✗|
|Stooping or Bending||✗|
|Reaching above shoulder height||✗|
|Grasping and/or Turning||✗|
|Pulling and/or Pushing||✗|
|Seeing and/or Color Determination||✗|
|Traveling i.e. Auto, Train, Plane||✗|
|Driving Automatic Equipment||✗|