The John M. Glover Agency Job Description
I. Job Summary
The primary function of this position is to meet the overall insurance needs of our clients. The Personal Lines Account Manager must provide prompt, accurate, professional service to our clients, producers and company personnel in order to maintain and grow our personal lines book of business.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Provide advice and counsel on personal lines matters to an assigned personal lines book of business. Meet daily servicing needs of our clients. Coordinate and oversee services provided by company service centers.
- Evaluate prospect’s current insurance program and offer alternatives based on coverage and price. Present proposals and finalize sale.
- Ensure maximum retention of assigned personal lines book of business. Work pro-actively to re-market policies whenever appropriate.
- Maintain high proficiency level with carrier website rating systems, to provide accurately priced alternative quotes to clients and prospects.
- Monitor electronic activities closely for assigned book of business.
- Remain current on coverage, forms and rates to effectively address client’s insurance needs.
- Round out monoline accounts by offering quotes for additional lines of business.
- Quote and place new business from referrals, walk-ins and call-ins, as needed.
- Make referrals to commercial, life & health, financial and banking services.
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Minimum 2 years of Agency Personal Lines experience required
- Property and Casualty Producers license required
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet required
- Applied Systems ‘EPIC’ system experience desired
- Working knowledge of Companies we represent desired
IV. Job Specific Competencies
- Courteous and professional telephone manner and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high volume environment
- Pleasant and friendly personality, focused on client needs
- Sales/Production oriented
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be resourceful and have effective problem solving abilities
V. Business Impact/Scope
This position requires a minimum of 2 years of agency experience. The position is critical to the success of our Personal Lines Department as the Account Manager is the primary source of contact for our insured once the account is sold. The insured’s perception of the Account Manager’s service, responsiveness, knowledge, demeanor and overall willingness to address their needs plays a key role in determining if the Account remains with John M. Glover Agency.
VI. Organizational Chart:
|Organizational Chart Reporting Structure||Organizational Chart Career ladder|
|PL Account Manager|
|PL Assistant Account Manager|
VII. Physical Requirements
|Crawling and/or Kneeling||✗|
|Crouching or Squatting||✗|
|Stooping or Bending||✗|
|Reaching above shoulder height||✗|
|Grasping and/or Turning||✗|
|Pulling and/or Pushing||✗|
|Seeing and/or Color Determination||✗|
|Traveling i.e. Auto, Train, Plane||✗|
|Driving Automatic Equipment||✗|